As a simple rule of thumb, health can be obtained by practising these 3 simple steps…
1. A HEALTHY DIET
– Eat a nutritious, balanced diet rich in whole, mostly plant-based foods, such as fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, beans, legumes and some lean protein.
– Always opt for organic foods whenever possible. Conventional foods are laced with deadly chemicals that are going to cause more harm than good.
– Eat plenty of alkaline foods (green vegetables, spirulina, chlorophyll, chlorella etc) which create an environment where disease cannot survive.
– Enjoy cold-pressed juices which nourish the body while the gut is switched off to allow healing to take place.
– Eat 2-3 meals per day and avoid snacking to support cell repair and digestive health.
– Embrace intermittent fasting if it suits you.
– Try to create a routine with your diet & prepare your meals to avoid last-minute takeaway.
– Breakfast is important & a great opportunity to pack your body with goodness through a delicious smoothie or cold-pressed juice.
– Make lunch your biggest meal of the day and have a light dinner.
– Avoid refined sugar & processed foods (pretty much anything that comes in a packet that has been altered from its natural state).
Detoxification has one goal in mind – to rid the body of toxins accumulated from what we eat & drink, as well as what we inhale from our surroundings. The body is actually in a constant state of detoxification. Little do we realise, our body is working every minute of every day to eliminate all of the elements we ingest that do not serve us. However, when the body is overburdened with a high amount of toxins due to the foods we eat and the environment we live in – our detoxification function cannot keep up with the elimination of these toxins and that is when dis-ease manifests.
There are several ways you can assist your bodies natural detoxification processes by stimulating your organs to kick into ‘detox mode’ through the use of…
– Colonic Hydrotherapy – cleansing & resetting the gut to improve absorption & assist elimination
– Intermittent fasting – allowing the body to heal through the process of autophagy
– Infrared saunas – induced sweating to assist elimination of toxins
– Ice baths – flushing waste products while reducing swelling and tissue breakdown
– Ensuring you get 6-8 hours of good quality sleep each night
– Regular exercise
– Detox retreats
– Supplements – charcoal, diatomaceous earth, bentonite clay, glutathione, St Mary’s thistle, turmeric and apple cider vinegar all poses qualities that help to flush the liver, cleanse the blood and remove toxic buildup
Detoxification is a powerful tool to unlock your inner & outer GLOW. It will help you:
– Lift your emotional state – reduce fatigue, stress, anxiety & depression
– Clear your mind – helping to reduce headaches or brain fog
– Cleanse your skin – reducing acne, scarring & skin conditions
– Make you glow – adding luster to your skin, eyes, and hair
– Supercharge your immune system – preventing you from picking up bugs
– Reset your digestion – cleansing the gut and regulating bowel function
– Cut down on excess body weight – helping you to look & feel your best
– Kick cravings – stabilising blood sugar levels and fighting addictions such as sugar, caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes etc
– Remove everyday pollutants from your system such as carbon emissions, cigarette smoke, herbicides, pesticides, artificial fragrances, and household chemicals
3. GET PHYSICAL
Use your body & centre your mind DAILY. Exercise is about so much more than just obtaining ‘the perfect body’. Some amazing benefits of exercise also include:
– Happiness through the release of serotonin (the happy hormone)
– Increased muscle & bone strength
– Increased energy levels
– Increased brain health & memory
– Improved sleeping behaviours
– Reduced risk of disease
– Reduced effects of stress
– Clearer, brighter skin
– Weight loss
The key to getting results out of your routine is CONSISTENCY! Don’t overcomplicate it for yourself, exercise can be done incidentally through the choices you make in your daily life – such as walking/riding to work, getting off the bus a stop early, parking the car a block away or at the end of the car park, using the stairs instead of the lift, interacting with your children, cleaning your home, opting for a standing desk, walking your pets, going for a walk on your lunch break etc.
If you are ready to take the next step – formulate a routine doing the type of movement you LOVE such as walking/running, swimming, dancing, riding, rowing, doing yoga. There are so many options. Be accountable – sometimes we need a little pressure to help us show up. Pick a fitness buddy and work-out together.
We are holistic interconnected beings and as we cleanse and purify the physical, there can also be a transformational rejuvenation of our mental and emotional states. Detoxification allows the body to rest, reset and bring awareness to the habits in your life that you may wish to let go of so that you may cultivate a more positive human experience.
We offer personalised detox retreats for individuals, couples or groups looking to kick-start their journey to great health. As well as group retreats to join like-minded people as we shed, cleanse and restore the body to its natural state of harmony.
Byron Bay Detox Retreats offer personalised detox retreats for individuals, couples or groups looking to kick-start their journey to great health. As well as group retreats to join like-minded people as we shed, cleanse and restore the body to its natural state of harmony.